Skip to main content

Artistic

I have really never seen myself as a "artistic"person. I may have tried on multiple attempts of drawing and playing music and I have failed at those attempts. In must part I think those are the two skills people look at to say someone is artistic.

Yes, I am stating I know what people actually designate as artist, but that is only because I think that is what people see as art. Since I was never good at those items, I still had some energy to be creative. So I attempted to do other art forms. When I say other art forms I mean actual items that are considered art forms such as photography and writing. These are truly considered art forms, just to make sure that is know, but yet again I think other people out there do not consider them as that. 

Anyways on to the point. I enjoy doing this items a lot. In fact when I get to spend a fairly good amount of time on them I feel pretty damn good through out the day and that tends to care over the week. The only problem with both of these hobbies is they take a good amount of time. Unlike drawing where you can stop and restart, writing you kinda need that right juices and feeling to start were you last left off (bias statement there, why yes). In other words it seems like I have free time sit down in my writing room, living room, open the laptop and well do nothing. I just can't start thinking what the next sentience is supposed to form. This unfortunately happens to me a lot. 

On the other had there is certain days where I am booming with ideas, but the issues is I am not in my writing room and my laptop is in that room. This usually happens at work where it would look bad for me to write a story and not pay attention to what is going on. Plus my office, a car, is not conducive to writing.

On the rare conditions where everything matches up and I can actually  do some productive writing. During those times the story, in which I have been working on for the past ohh 4 years, grows about 2 pages. At that rate ill have the book done when I retire. So I guess I am on pace for success. 

The other art form is photography. This is probably one of my favorite hobbies and something that I truly enjoy doing everyday if I could. I tend to photograph nature. For some reason I look at nature and just feel like there is an image that I must capture. I usually go on hike in order to find these images or find something to inspire me. The unfortunate thing is I have not been able to go hiking for no fault other then my own. I really need to hit the less traveled path and find new images.

The fact is I have been looking at my photos more and more and really want to get into the art a lot more. I want to save up the money to get better lenses in order to get different views and pictures. That is where another problem comes in. Those parts are very, very expensive but would help so many images that I cannot get at this time.

Anyways the, whole point of this random tangent writing is that these two art forms are hobbies that I really do enjoy and I have not been pushing myself to enjoy them in the way I should. I really need to push myself to get into those hobbies and enjoy them like I once did. I know I can make time to do so, the fact is I just need to do it. Today I did just that I worked on my first photography book and I must say it felt great. Just to look at those photos again inspired me, made me think of other photos to get. I hope to finish this photo book within the next two weeks just need to get the photos in the right place.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Is patience a real virtue or just an annoying item that you really have to go through... a lot.

I am sure the statement "patience is a virtue" has been heard by everyone, and told to everyone that it must be practiced. I have always though that I was really good at practicing patience, the only problem I am slowly finding out I am not very good at this practice. I guess that I need to look into the practice even more, and I need to learn it quick (Haha not patience in learning patience, I need to learn it now... Irony, I think so). Through understanding that I need to learn the virtue know as patience, I have also learned, learning a virtue is actual really difficult. This reminds me of my senior project that I had to write for my BS in which which moral theory is best, yet the paper in the end is the same as the start. It is a constant loop and when you truly gain that virtue you move up into another circle and cycle around forever until you are ready to jump to the next section. So with that said, I guess I am going to go through this learning process while I really n

A patience view

Being patience is something that seems like an almost lost idea in the world at this time. I remember when I was a child my mom and/or dad would tell me I needed to be patience about stuff and eventually it would come with hard work. I took that to heart very often, but at times I would let the thought disappear into the wind wanting stuff to happen right away. Hit me the other day that I have been drifting further the way of being a patience person awaiting and working hard to get to those goals and getting upset because things were not happening right away. I think this came to light when I was wondering why people in movies and around me in personal life and at work are not patience. At first I blamed technology solo, but I think that's just part of the issues and will be talked about later. After I began to develop that theory, I tested it against myself. What I had found was yes, in fact I did have less patience because of technology but that was just slightly the rea

Bar pounders

It seems like an on going thing that I am at a bar thinking about the what ifs. Why do I pounder upon these thoughts so often? And why always at a bar? I guess the reason at a bar is well there is alcohol there and there is people watching. If you combine the two you have something that I am extremely good at doing. So natural when I do those things I start thinking about other people's what ifs. Why are in this place? Is it the same reason I am here or is their life in a downward spiral of doom that the only thing to make it better is some liquor in their system. I think the later is probably an over step but still I have a feeling it does happen at times. Anyways so this night at the bar I have noticed a lot of drunk individuals some of which didn't even recognize that the are at the point of blasted, yet believe they are as normal as possible. Is that how people feel in real. In their own minds they feel that they are just like everyone else, yet in reality they are not