Skip to main content

Bar pounders

It seems like an on going thing that I am at a bar thinking about the what ifs. Why do I pounder upon these thoughts so often? And why always at a bar?

I guess the reason at a bar is well there is alcohol there and there is people watching. If you combine the two you have something that I am extremely good at doing. So natural when I do those things I start thinking about other people's what ifs. Why are in this place? Is it the same reason I am here or is their life in a downward spiral of doom that the only thing to make it better is some liquor in their system. I think the later is probably an over step but still I have a feeling it does happen at times.

Anyways so this night at the bar I have noticed a lot of drunk individuals some of which didn't even recognize that the are at the point of blasted, yet believe they are as normal as possible. Is that how people feel in real. In their own minds they feel that they are just like everyone else, yet in reality they are not even close to that. Or is it the fact they are so down that they drank so much that they can not accept their own reality? In real terms they are not happy with their self that the most cloak it by acting in a certain manner? Such as drinking so much just so they don't have to feel that they are odd or need it to fit in.

In all honesty I think the only people that really truly see the true person is someone who provides the booze to said person. If you think it about you have to act sober together a drink and how does one fake being sober by doing what comes natural to them. So the more drinks the more truth that flies right out. Like it had said before the best psychologist is the bartender.

Anyways that's my late night post or should I say semi late post...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Is patience a real virtue or just an annoying item that you really have to go through... a lot.

I am sure the statement "patience is a virtue" has been heard by everyone, and told to everyone that it must be practiced. I have always though that I was really good at practicing patience, the only problem I am slowly finding out I am not very good at this practice. I guess that I need to look into the practice even more, and I need to learn it quick (Haha not patience in learning patience, I need to learn it now... Irony, I think so). Through understanding that I need to learn the virtue know as patience, I have also learned, learning a virtue is actual really difficult. This reminds me of my senior project that I had to write for my BS in which which moral theory is best, yet the paper in the end is the same as the start. It is a constant loop and when you truly gain that virtue you move up into another circle and cycle around forever until you are ready to jump to the next section. So with that said, I guess I am going to go through this learning process while I really n

Media

So lets talk about something near and dear to my heart. Real media to fake media. Why does it mean so much to me one may ask? Well, first off my generation is one of the last generations with physical media as the main and only media. A look to how media is now, its all electronic and almost everything is available at a click of a button. Now don't get me wrong, I think the internet has moved us ahead millions of miles and opened the world to huge discoveries, but it has opened other things too. So in order to open this conversation, I say we look into the negatives. Its like hearing the bad news first. So why is this none physical media. Isn't so nice that we can store our music, books and ability to search for everything in one place. Sure that is nice, but its also cause others to lose track on what should be know. On what they should know just in general and not what a quick Google search can bring to light. So lets go to the first media. Books being read in physica