Skip to main content

Family and Friends

Last year, was probably the hardest year of my life. I almost lost my dad at the start but luckily he his still around and probably doing better then ever. Seven months later 17 days before my birthday one of the greatest men I know passed away. My Ope meant so much to me and inspired me to be good to all people because that is how he was. When he passed away I had no idea what to do and felt like everything was going down hill. I then remembered that Ope would have not wanted that, he would of wanted me and my family to move on a get to our highest level. Shortly there after I pushed myself to accomplish goals that I had been writing down.

Well August 1st has come and gone and all I could think was how could a year have gone by already and how I still miss him. I really wish I could have had him there when I graduated from academy or if I had kids that they could meet such a great man. I know he is still around in spirit and sometimes I think he is right there with my other family members keeping an eye on me and my family

In the last year I have also seen that my family and friends are the reason that I have been successful so much. It sad that having a great man leave me life to recognize all the good around but some people never know of this. My Dad and Mom push me so hard and but give me so much strength in order to accomplish the task in front of me.  My brothers and my sister all give me encouragement to do my best. And my friends, without them I would have not made it through last year the way I did.

Here lately my friends are succeeding in life and going down new paths. Some of them are in relationships and starting families, others are leaving home to accomplish their carriers. My friend Paul and boyfriend to one of my best friends is going into Navy Basic tomorrow. I am so proud of him but also know in a few month Bailey and Paul are going to leave. My friend Angel who I only became friends last year is leaving to Dallas to do a job he had been dreaming for years. My two best friends, one married and with a kid and the other dating a great girl who is helping him raise his three kids, are so busy with there lives and succeeding at creating a happy healthy family. I made many of these friends after a really dark time and they helped me through it. They were there through the roughest year of my life and helped me become even stronger. Now, I see them growing and slowly disappearing from my life, but not in a bad way at all. I am so proud of them all and hope that one day we will be all able to sit around a table and remember the good ol' years.

The point to this entry is no matter how hard times get, I have been so lucky to have so many people around me helping me succeed. Sometimes those people have to leave but, really they are always there.

In end to tonight's post. Good luck Paul, go kick some butt.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Is patience a real virtue or just an annoying item that you really have to go through... a lot.

I am sure the statement "patience is a virtue" has been heard by everyone, and told to everyone that it must be practiced. I have always though that I was really good at practicing patience, the only problem I am slowly finding out I am not very good at this practice. I guess that I need to look into the practice even more, and I need to learn it quick (Haha not patience in learning patience, I need to learn it now... Irony, I think so). Through understanding that I need to learn the virtue know as patience, I have also learned, learning a virtue is actual really difficult. This reminds me of my senior project that I had to write for my BS in which which moral theory is best, yet the paper in the end is the same as the start. It is a constant loop and when you truly gain that virtue you move up into another circle and cycle around forever until you are ready to jump to the next section. So with that said, I guess I am going to go through this learning process while I really n

A patience view

Being patience is something that seems like an almost lost idea in the world at this time. I remember when I was a child my mom and/or dad would tell me I needed to be patience about stuff and eventually it would come with hard work. I took that to heart very often, but at times I would let the thought disappear into the wind wanting stuff to happen right away. Hit me the other day that I have been drifting further the way of being a patience person awaiting and working hard to get to those goals and getting upset because things were not happening right away. I think this came to light when I was wondering why people in movies and around me in personal life and at work are not patience. At first I blamed technology solo, but I think that's just part of the issues and will be talked about later. After I began to develop that theory, I tested it against myself. What I had found was yes, in fact I did have less patience because of technology but that was just slightly the rea

Bar pounders

It seems like an on going thing that I am at a bar thinking about the what ifs. Why do I pounder upon these thoughts so often? And why always at a bar? I guess the reason at a bar is well there is alcohol there and there is people watching. If you combine the two you have something that I am extremely good at doing. So natural when I do those things I start thinking about other people's what ifs. Why are in this place? Is it the same reason I am here or is their life in a downward spiral of doom that the only thing to make it better is some liquor in their system. I think the later is probably an over step but still I have a feeling it does happen at times. Anyways so this night at the bar I have noticed a lot of drunk individuals some of which didn't even recognize that the are at the point of blasted, yet believe they are as normal as possible. Is that how people feel in real. In their own minds they feel that they are just like everyone else, yet in reality they are not