Skip to main content

So close to the new start

I have never been this close to attaining a goal of this magnitude. A goal that is a life time goal. A goal that is so big to me that as of today I am a whole week away from accomplishing. So many people have been asking how does it feel are you excited. The truth is I am scared as hell. I am scared of messing up and I just missed the goal. I am scared of my life changing completely because of the change that can come in accomplishing this goal. I am scared of being disappointed like have be soon many time before. Yet with all this fear I know it must be done. This is where my biggest fear resides. I have to look all these fears stair them in the eye and leap into a vast unknown. A blackness of which my hopes are not even seen. A place where my thoughts are lost and I struggle to hang on to them.

This change is something I thought I would never be afraid, but because of the past I am still apprehensive to the idea. I am still apprehensive because what if the actions takes everything away from me that helped me get there. Those things, these people helped me get to this goal but this single goal might take them away from me. These people saved me from my disappear and made me better, told me to stand tall, told me to live by my own words. I have done these things yet the problem is, what they have told me, what I have accomplished may rip me from their sight. I know that the words here might not be the exact things that happen, but just knowing that is what could happen is terrifying.

So here I am seven days from graduation excited as I could be for such a huge event in my life, yet I am scared. All I can do is trust that the change that I am going to go through won't take my support away, but if it does I must keep them in my mind and continue what they started. I must continue listening to my own words and the words and thoughts that they have brought me. I can't let the past govern me I must look at it as a lesson and make my own future. I can't back down, I must move forward. I must become my own shield and protect myself because I now have the tools to defeat any fear in front of me. It is time to stand tall, hold my head up high and stair into the black eyes of fear. I must walk straight to the sight and say "no more." It is time for me to be me. It is time to govern my life and not the events of the past.

This graduation is not going to show that I have a degree from a university, but it will show I have had gone through some huge event yet I stood tall and got this goal done. With the events I have gone through, the fear in front of me is nothing but just a shadow taunting me. It is time to shine my light and look at the path that I have control of.

~There is nothing so easy to learn as experience and nothing so hard to apply.
Josh Billings

This post is dedicated to those who have been there for me when I was down, if it wasn't for you I wouldn't be where I am. I am so thankful for those who have been there to make sure I succeed. I am thankful for those who pushed me to listen to my advice and not back down. Thank you

~Justin Petersen December 10, 2010

Comments

  1. Never look in the past always push forward prove the past wrong and always remember tomorrow is a new day. Even if this takes you new places( which it will reguardless) you will always have your friends there. Near or far we will always stick together and that's a promise.:) Sooooo proud of you JP, you are leading a new path for us all showing anything is possible if ur heart is really in it. Thank you for doing so!!!! <3 and ill end with this.
    STAND TALL IT GETS A LITTLE BETTER I SEE THE WALL THAT WE CAN BREAK DOWN TOGETHER STAND STRONG IT GETS A LITTLE BETTER NOW, WE CAN BREAK IT DOWN YES WE CAN BREAK IT. DIRTY HEADS <3


    LOVE YA JP

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Is patience a real virtue or just an annoying item that you really have to go through... a lot.

I am sure the statement "patience is a virtue" has been heard by everyone, and told to everyone that it must be practiced. I have always though that I was really good at practicing patience, the only problem I am slowly finding out I am not very good at this practice. I guess that I need to look into the practice even more, and I need to learn it quick (Haha not patience in learning patience, I need to learn it now... Irony, I think so). Through understanding that I need to learn the virtue know as patience, I have also learned, learning a virtue is actual really difficult. This reminds me of my senior project that I had to write for my BS in which which moral theory is best, yet the paper in the end is the same as the start. It is a constant loop and when you truly gain that virtue you move up into another circle and cycle around forever until you are ready to jump to the next section. So with that said, I guess I am going to go through this learning process while I really n

A patience view

Being patience is something that seems like an almost lost idea in the world at this time. I remember when I was a child my mom and/or dad would tell me I needed to be patience about stuff and eventually it would come with hard work. I took that to heart very often, but at times I would let the thought disappear into the wind wanting stuff to happen right away. Hit me the other day that I have been drifting further the way of being a patience person awaiting and working hard to get to those goals and getting upset because things were not happening right away. I think this came to light when I was wondering why people in movies and around me in personal life and at work are not patience. At first I blamed technology solo, but I think that's just part of the issues and will be talked about later. After I began to develop that theory, I tested it against myself. What I had found was yes, in fact I did have less patience because of technology but that was just slightly the rea

Bar pounders

It seems like an on going thing that I am at a bar thinking about the what ifs. Why do I pounder upon these thoughts so often? And why always at a bar? I guess the reason at a bar is well there is alcohol there and there is people watching. If you combine the two you have something that I am extremely good at doing. So natural when I do those things I start thinking about other people's what ifs. Why are in this place? Is it the same reason I am here or is their life in a downward spiral of doom that the only thing to make it better is some liquor in their system. I think the later is probably an over step but still I have a feeling it does happen at times. Anyways so this night at the bar I have noticed a lot of drunk individuals some of which didn't even recognize that the are at the point of blasted, yet believe they are as normal as possible. Is that how people feel in real. In their own minds they feel that they are just like everyone else, yet in reality they are not