Skip to main content

Media

So lets talk about something near and dear to my heart. Real media to fake media. Why does it mean so much to me one may ask? Well, first off my generation is one of the last generations with physical media as the main and only media.

A look to how media is now, its all electronic and almost everything is available at a click of a button. Now don't get me wrong, I think the internet has moved us ahead millions of miles and opened the world to huge discoveries, but it has opened other things too.

So in order to open this conversation, I say we look into the negatives. Its like hearing the bad news first.

So why is this none physical media. Isn't so nice that we can store our music, books and ability to search for everything in one place. Sure that is nice, but its also cause others to lose track on what should be know. On what they should know just in general and not what a quick Google search can bring to light. So lets go to the first media.

Books being read in physical nature, had an actual weight to them. A nice reminder of the book set net to you on the night stand, or in the backpack or somewhere else. The feel of doing something while you are going through this adventure. I turn of an actual page shows a measure of going through the story. The smell of the pages is just part of the experience. There is also the whole thing of how one book can change hands several times. That just builds on the adventure, the knowledge of knowing what is going on in the past readers. A creased page can mean a lot, the possible emotions that the reader thought at that point. You cant do that with those fancy tablets of kindles, unless you want it broken...

Alright lets go onto the next media. Oh what can that be, I wonder why. So here we go, music. Is really music media a big deal. To me, I do think so. I think a Mr. David Grohl would say to since he would rather record on records. WHAT THE HELL RECORDS! Yep, records. Why are they so memorizing? Why were tapes so amazing? Why are CD's so amazing. Did you catch what I did there? If you did, you get an A.

Anyways back to topic, In the days of these items you had to go to the store or record store and get that new CD that you wanted. The wait for that new CD to come out. Ahhh the days, ohhh and not to forget the cover art. The cover art was awesome in some of those CDs. One of my favorites was Memorize and Hypnotize from System of a Down. Plus you can combine them to make one really big CD cover art. Plus it shows your collection of music you have gained over the years (I kinda forgot this in the book section).Now the sound that was admitted from each device was amazing. Tapes sounded different, CDs sounded different and MP3 do not at all. That is was digital is all about same thing no matter what.

Alright, onto the most secretive media yet. The written personal word. Back when I was in elementary, middle school and even high school we had things called notes. A two way media or sometimes single. This is something that we have no concept anymore, single or two way media. Now its a million media and everyone has to post everything on the interwebs. Come on lets divulge our anger and feelings on the internet to everyone.

I admit I have been one of these people, but I have learned to limit my full lecture to the mass and limit it to these words.

So what are the positives. Well books are more readily available and may encourage some readers, but movies somewhat kill that because a movie says everything in a book. You can now carry a ton of books, and I mean a ton, on one little device. Much like music.

There are tons more music there ever was. New bands pop up everywhere because of the ability to save the music. You can have millions of songs that you can take everywhere. Endless amount of time perspired by musical notes running through your ears, to your brain. That is fairly amazing.

Now, onto the written word that is Facebook, Twitter, and other divulge to the masses. I guess communication can spread everywhere. You can reach people anywhere in the world in less then a second, that is truly amazing. I still think if you put the world opinions in a public forum it causes more separation then uniting as its supposed to be. Just want to say it's a lot like church... hmmm interesting.

Anyways. Its time to leave this forum and until next time.

"By all means use some time to be alone."
~Edward Young

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Is patience a real virtue or just an annoying item that you really have to go through... a lot.

I am sure the statement "patience is a virtue" has been heard by everyone, and told to everyone that it must be practiced. I have always though that I was really good at practicing patience, the only problem I am slowly finding out I am not very good at this practice. I guess that I need to look into the practice even more, and I need to learn it quick (Haha not patience in learning patience, I need to learn it now... Irony, I think so). Through understanding that I need to learn the virtue know as patience, I have also learned, learning a virtue is actual really difficult. This reminds me of my senior project that I had to write for my BS in which which moral theory is best, yet the paper in the end is the same as the start. It is a constant loop and when you truly gain that virtue you move up into another circle and cycle around forever until you are ready to jump to the next section. So with that said, I guess I am going to go through this learning process while I really n

Bar pounders

It seems like an on going thing that I am at a bar thinking about the what ifs. Why do I pounder upon these thoughts so often? And why always at a bar? I guess the reason at a bar is well there is alcohol there and there is people watching. If you combine the two you have something that I am extremely good at doing. So natural when I do those things I start thinking about other people's what ifs. Why are in this place? Is it the same reason I am here or is their life in a downward spiral of doom that the only thing to make it better is some liquor in their system. I think the later is probably an over step but still I have a feeling it does happen at times. Anyways so this night at the bar I have noticed a lot of drunk individuals some of which didn't even recognize that the are at the point of blasted, yet believe they are as normal as possible. Is that how people feel in real. In their own minds they feel that they are just like everyone else, yet in reality they are not