Skip to main content

Time moving on

Time is an interesting subject. The definition of time is, "The indefinite continued progress of existence and events in the past, present, and future regarded as a whole." (Provided by Merriam-Webster) As I read this definition and was slightly haunted by it, mainly by the "indefinite continued progress of existence." First thing that came up in my mind was the old arcade games where you had to gain more time in order to continue to play. If you failed to gain more time your life ended. I started to imagine a digital clock blinking away with how many minutes, hours, days, weeks, months and years that I had left and how I was going to get more time in order to succeed.

There are people, sciences, theories, book and many other items that discuss time. I have seen several movies that talk about a certain time, such as what has happened in the past, what they are waiting for in the future, and what they are currently doing in time. How if they just made one little difference their life may be completely different then what it is now.

Time has been something that I have been peering into more and more often. I think I have always looked into time and how past events may have changed what I currently am doing now. What if I could go back into that time and change it so my future would be different (yes I know this could not happen due to the rules of time travel...), what would happen then. There is the other part of time, how well my current actions going to affect my future.  Am I making a choice that is going to place me in a correct place or a negative place in the future. Could have such small actions such as that wrong left turn that I made three years affected my whole present and future. Would have that single left turn changed how my relationships ended up, would I be married right now, would my career choice be different? Or did that left turn do nothing, but delay me from getting to my destination by a few seconds. Or was it those large actions that I have done in my past truly affect how my future turned out. The simple fact is both actions, small and large, at a certain time did change how my future ended up.

 Now, I have never been one who wishes I could go back in time and change what happened, simply because I can't regret what has happened, but ever once in a while I like to think what if. I see it as a corrective action or future plan maker on how future events should be worked on. The only about this idea is that you always try to find the correct answer for future event, but it seems impossible to figure out due to way to many factors. So its an endless loop of how to fix the errors but I am not quite sure what the errors are. Now to make it clear some errors are easy to identify and figure out how to fix, but some are really are hard to understand and/or identify.

 So time continues on for the progress of existence for me until my digital clocks counts down and I simply cannot find anymore additional time power ups. Luckily I imagine my clock to have double numbers of years left. Until the next entry well your future time be the way you hoped your decisions in the past would place you in.
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Is patience a real virtue or just an annoying item that you really have to go through... a lot.

I am sure the statement "patience is a virtue" has been heard by everyone, and told to everyone that it must be practiced. I have always though that I was really good at practicing patience, the only problem I am slowly finding out I am not very good at this practice. I guess that I need to look into the practice even more, and I need to learn it quick (Haha not patience in learning patience, I need to learn it now... Irony, I think so). Through understanding that I need to learn the virtue know as patience, I have also learned, learning a virtue is actual really difficult. This reminds me of my senior project that I had to write for my BS in which which moral theory is best, yet the paper in the end is the same as the start. It is a constant loop and when you truly gain that virtue you move up into another circle and cycle around forever until you are ready to jump to the next section. So with that said, I guess I am going to go through this learning process while I really n

A patience view

Being patience is something that seems like an almost lost idea in the world at this time. I remember when I was a child my mom and/or dad would tell me I needed to be patience about stuff and eventually it would come with hard work. I took that to heart very often, but at times I would let the thought disappear into the wind wanting stuff to happen right away. Hit me the other day that I have been drifting further the way of being a patience person awaiting and working hard to get to those goals and getting upset because things were not happening right away. I think this came to light when I was wondering why people in movies and around me in personal life and at work are not patience. At first I blamed technology solo, but I think that's just part of the issues and will be talked about later. After I began to develop that theory, I tested it against myself. What I had found was yes, in fact I did have less patience because of technology but that was just slightly the rea

Bar pounders

It seems like an on going thing that I am at a bar thinking about the what ifs. Why do I pounder upon these thoughts so often? And why always at a bar? I guess the reason at a bar is well there is alcohol there and there is people watching. If you combine the two you have something that I am extremely good at doing. So natural when I do those things I start thinking about other people's what ifs. Why are in this place? Is it the same reason I am here or is their life in a downward spiral of doom that the only thing to make it better is some liquor in their system. I think the later is probably an over step but still I have a feeling it does happen at times. Anyways so this night at the bar I have noticed a lot of drunk individuals some of which didn't even recognize that the are at the point of blasted, yet believe they are as normal as possible. Is that how people feel in real. In their own minds they feel that they are just like everyone else, yet in reality they are not