Skip to main content

Yearly, year in review edition 2011

The year 2011. Began with so much hope, struck by tragedy in the early part and became quite through the remainder.

As stated in the first part 2011 was to be a year full of promise. A year in which I thought a large amount of change would occur in my life, on a good note. Several months later I would find that not to be entirely true. I had just graduated from college a few days before the start of this year and was full of hope and eager to move forward. I had great friends to help through some of the challenges that I know I would endure. I was ready for this year probably more than any other year before, oh how wrong I was, and how this would be shown with eight days in the year and several times later.

January 8th, the first test in my faith of the year. Not many people through out the world well remember the 8th of January, 2011, but I can almost guarantee that the people of Tucson well remember it. Several people, some of which my family knew, were shot brutally shot by a person, mental or not, looking to cause harm and succeed in doing so. Tucson, and surprisingly the the nation, was in a shock that this could happen. I, even through my studies and knowledge on individuals conducting acts like this, was surprised and hurt. Hurt because people I know were hurt and the community was shaken to the core. Many people kept asking "how this could happen and why." Many peopel may not know why but people began to blame others. I remember listening to Jon Stewart from the daily show stating that people need to stop blaming each other and unite. The actions of one person can't be blamed on others. This was what the people on Tucson were stating to, in fact the poster quote was Together we thrive Tucson & America. Driving around Tucson after that day to now, I do have to say people did unite and I am glad to see some people have continued to do so. I hope people don't see this day as a day of horror, rather day of unity and community coming together and becoming stronger.

From that day on, I was even more determined to get a law enforcement job, hoping I could do my part in preventing an event of this type from happening again. To do something for my community and country was a goal that I wanted to accomplish even more. So I began to apply any where and everywhere expecting that I would hear from somewhere. This is were the biggest challenge for me personally came from. I knew that federal jobs would take an extensive amount of time and would not hear anything, but I didn't think it would take a year or more. I also applied for local area, even though I didn't want to, and moved forward at a faster pace just to get denied. I still have no idea and can't find a reason why that would happen but moved forward. This became a painful wait and worried that I would get denied for everything. To this day I am still not sure what to expect, but what can I do but wait into 2012 and hope for the best.

The next part of the year in review was love. I thought I found someone, someone that I would usually advise myself not to do so because of pain. In this case, I decided to move forward and try even though the whole circumstance was bad. It was a huge roller coaster tat went up and down more down then up in my opinion. I did learn one thing though and that is what I believe love really means to me. Its a little hard to explain it here, maybe another post at another time. I did enjoy my time that I got to sped with her, but I have moved on, even though it was hard.

Overall the year didn't change much and fairly uneventful, it was still full of learning. I can say one thing for sure 2012 is going to be very very interesting.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Is patience a real virtue or just an annoying item that you really have to go through... a lot.

I am sure the statement "patience is a virtue" has been heard by everyone, and told to everyone that it must be practiced. I have always though that I was really good at practicing patience, the only problem I am slowly finding out I am not very good at this practice. I guess that I need to look into the practice even more, and I need to learn it quick (Haha not patience in learning patience, I need to learn it now... Irony, I think so). Through understanding that I need to learn the virtue know as patience, I have also learned, learning a virtue is actual really difficult. This reminds me of my senior project that I had to write for my BS in which which moral theory is best, yet the paper in the end is the same as the start. It is a constant loop and when you truly gain that virtue you move up into another circle and cycle around forever until you are ready to jump to the next section. So with that said, I guess I am going to go through this learning process while I really n

A patience view

Being patience is something that seems like an almost lost idea in the world at this time. I remember when I was a child my mom and/or dad would tell me I needed to be patience about stuff and eventually it would come with hard work. I took that to heart very often, but at times I would let the thought disappear into the wind wanting stuff to happen right away. Hit me the other day that I have been drifting further the way of being a patience person awaiting and working hard to get to those goals and getting upset because things were not happening right away. I think this came to light when I was wondering why people in movies and around me in personal life and at work are not patience. At first I blamed technology solo, but I think that's just part of the issues and will be talked about later. After I began to develop that theory, I tested it against myself. What I had found was yes, in fact I did have less patience because of technology but that was just slightly the rea

Bar pounders

It seems like an on going thing that I am at a bar thinking about the what ifs. Why do I pounder upon these thoughts so often? And why always at a bar? I guess the reason at a bar is well there is alcohol there and there is people watching. If you combine the two you have something that I am extremely good at doing. So natural when I do those things I start thinking about other people's what ifs. Why are in this place? Is it the same reason I am here or is their life in a downward spiral of doom that the only thing to make it better is some liquor in their system. I think the later is probably an over step but still I have a feeling it does happen at times. Anyways so this night at the bar I have noticed a lot of drunk individuals some of which didn't even recognize that the are at the point of blasted, yet believe they are as normal as possible. Is that how people feel in real. In their own minds they feel that they are just like everyone else, yet in reality they are not